Please click on the questions below to reveal the answer.
What do I need to bring?
- Comfortable Clothes (a few changes of exercise clothing)
- Comfortable Shoes
- Glasses and/or hearing aids
- Proof of Identification (e.g., State Issued Photo ID, Passport, or Birth Certificate) Non-Citizens must present temporary or permanent resident card with photo.
- Insurance Cards (e.g., Medicare, Medical, Managed Care, prescription drug card if applicable)
- If the patient has a representative for financial or healthcare decisions – bring supporting documents such as a Durable Power of Attorney, Guardianship, Conservatorship papers.
- Cell phone if you would like.
What will I do at Stonebrook?
- Participate in a rehabilitation program.
- Participate in your normal daily routine.
- Participate in individual and group leisure activities of your choice.
- Eat meals in the elegant dining room or in my room.
- Work with discharge professionals to arrange your transition home.
What can I expect during my stay at Stonebrook?
- Visitors are welcome when you want them (recommended visiting hours 11am-8pm). Please be considerate of the needs of other patients, your rehab schedule and your need for rest to regain your optimal health as quickly as possible.
- Wireless internet is available if you wish to bring your laptop or tablet. Stonebrook also has an ilounge for resident use 24/7.
- Complete meals and snacks are available seven days a week.
- Cable television is available in each room.
- Mimi’s Hair Salon is available by appointment. You’ll be able to schedule appointments at the reception desk. Payment is due at time of service.
- We can do your laundry or you may want your family or friend to launder your clothing.
How is Stonebrook different than a hospital?
- You will want to wear your own regular and comfortable clothes.
- You will have an attending physician at Stonebrook. You will see this physician less frequently than when you were acutely ill in the hospital.
- You may have pet visits as long as your pet is on a leash, has had all of its shots and is not aggressive.
- You have leisure activities available on a daily basis.
- You may eat family style in our elegant dining room and enjoy a select menu (as your prescribed diet allows).
- You can treat yourself to salon services.